Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Sorry this has taken so long to set up.  I thought she would sleep all day and I would get tons of stuff done. Turns out she sleeps in very short increments and there is tons more to get done in those times.  Anyway, she's a great baby.  She's generally pretty good natured.  When she wakes up she squeaks for a few minutes to let me know she's up and getting hungry.  As long as I can get her food in the first few minutes we can avoid any crying.  She's a loud eater.  She has her days and nights mixed up right now, but we're trying to keep her awake for a few minutes after her daytime feedings hoping that she will get switched back.  We had a little photo shoot in the living room the other day.  This is a dress my mother made.










She gets the hiccups a lot after she eats, but they don't seem to bother her too much.  She's met all her new grandparents and they have begun spoiling her.  Brad's parents weren't able to come out for very long, and their flight out was delayed due to snow, so they ended up only staying for about 36 hours, but they said it was worth the trip to see her.  She's been to the doctor and they said she looked very healthy. We've limited the number of people that come to see her, since it's so cold and we don't want people bringing germs, but she's pretty agreeable when meeting new people.
Brad is doing great at taking his turn and gets up in the middle of the night to give her a bottle or change her.  He likes to dance with her in the kitchen and sing her Johnny Cash songs.  I told him I didn't think Fulsom Prison Blues was very appropriate, but he pointed out that the song teaches the consequences of poor decisions.  He is so cute with her.  When he gets home from work I get a peck on the forehead, he runs to wash his hands, and then he plays with her for a few hours.  She's usually asleep, but he still likes to just hold her and/or dance with her.
I'm not sure what you're looking for on this, so let me know what you want me to post.  More pictures, more day to day details?  less of either?  just let me know.  We think about you often and you are in our prayers.  I can't imagine how difficult this process has been, but I am so grateful that you have been brave enough to go through it.

No comments:

Post a Comment